Did you know that you could choose to receive your Medicare benefits through a private health plan, which may offer more coverage than original Medicare Parts and B? Let our certified, trained advisors help you navigate your options.
What is a Medicare Advantage Plan?
It’s a private insurance plan with a Medicare contract authorized under Medicare Part C. It provides benefits greater than or equal to those of Medicare Parts A and B, sometime at little to no extra cost.
What a Medicare Advantage Plan is not: A type of Medicare Supplement Plan.
Why choose Medicare Advantage Plan?
These plans provide benefits greater than or equal to those of Medicare Parts A and B and often at little to no extra cost. (You still must pay your Part B premium.)
- If you have diabetes, COPD or chronic heart disease, you may be eligible for a special type of Medicare Advantage Plan, known as a Chronic Special Needs Plan, that has extra benefits to suit your unique health needs. Learn more.
- If you are dually eligible for Medicare and Medicaid, you may be eligible for a special type of Medicare Advantage Plan, known as Dual Eligible Special Needs Plans. Learn more.
Under Medicare Advantage Plans, you are always covered for emergency and urgent care.
Plans must cover all of the services of original Medicare, except hospice care (original Medicare covers hospice care even if you are on a Medicare Advantage plan).
Medicare Advantage Plans offer many benefits that Medicare Parts A and B don’t. These may include:
- Prescription drug coverage
- Home visit by health care specialist
- Routine vision and dental coverage
- Vitamin purchases
- First aid supplies
- Dental care products
- Transportation to medical appointments
- Maximum out-of-pocket spending limit
- For more information on Medicare Part C, you may also visit www.Medicare.gov
Contact us today
VIA offers a variety of Medicare Advantage Plans. Request a quote today.